Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Very Very Sad


It was indeed a sad week for Indian cricket. One of its marquee player retired from international cricket. VVS aka Very Very Special Laxman was a real treat to watch.
            I felt a deep void when Dravid retired, but when I learned that VVS is also retired,
I felt really bad. These two gentlemen not only served for the country but gave an enormous amount of pleasure to the cricketing world. Test cricket, is the ultimate cricket. And boy, how they succeed in that format!
A roaring bowler, bending his back, and in return, shot offered is just a deft touch, played with loose hands; red cherry is hovering around the crease, pure pleasure.
I can write pages about Dravid and Laxman, but I am feeling really sad post their retirement. So winding up………

      I should leave the last words to Tendulkar : after his and Laxman’s 353 – run partnership in Sydney in 2004, where Tendulkar was the model of extreme self-restraint, he said: “ I had just decided to stay there …and watch from the other end”.


PS: There will be a lot of praise for VVS post his retirement, which he simply deserved every bit of it, but words often failed to summarize the whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment